Our Covid 19 Protocols
Due to the current COVID -19 crisis our practice has been adapted to meet new standards to keep you and us safe and healthy during these times. These include guidance by the Department of Health and social care (DHSC) Public Health England and NHS England, The Institute of Osteopathy and the General Osteopathic Council.
We have a produced a step by step guide to explain the current ‘patient journey’ as it may be different to what you have experienced before.
- The evening before your appointment you will receive an appointment reminder and a questionnaire to complete about any current symptoms you may have. If you suspect you have Covid 19 or any unusual symptoms, please call us prior and do not come in. We ask patients to bring their own masks with you for your appointment with us if you can. If you forget or don’t bring a mask we will provide you with one for £1.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we would ask you to arrive on time and wait in your car in the car park. We will call you on your mobile phone when it is time to come in. Please do not come to the door or use the keypad. We will greet you with the door open and walk you immediately into the clinic room with us. We would ask that you do not bring other people with you to your appointment unless you require a chaperone. Please leave coats/extra bags in the car to reduce items brought in with you.
- We will be wearing full PPE which will include an apron, face mask and gloves. We will also have a contactless thermometer to check temperatures on arrival into clinic.
- On entering the clinic room, we will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser which we will provide.
- During the consultation and chat we will place the chairs in the clinic a 2m distance apart and for as much of the appointment as possible we will keep a 2m distance. We are unable to use blankets to cover patients so we may ask you to undress for the examination and then if appropriate redress partially to allow you to be treated properly.
- Payment for treatment we ask will be card and contactless or if you prefer you can do a bank transfer after your appointment with us.
- On leaving the clinic room we will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser. We will walk you out of the clinic and out the main entrance.
Our clinic may look a little different as all books, joint models and surfaces will be minimised to allow cleaning. Pillows will be wipeable with no pillowcases or fabric plinth covers.
After each appointment, the room will be thoroughly cleaned and our PPE changed, before the next patient will enter the room.